Over 95,000 members strong worldwide ISACA is characterized by its diversity. Members live and work in more than 160 countries and cover a variety of professional IT-related positions—to name just a few, IS auditor, consultant, educator, IS security professional, regulator, chief information officer and internal auditor. Some are new to the field, others are at middle management levels and still others are in the most senior ranks. They work in nearly all industry categories, including financial and banking, public accounting, government and the public sector, utilities and manufacturing. This diversity enables members to learn from each other, and exchange widely divergent viewpoints on a variety of professional topics. It has long been considered one of ISACA's strengths
Membership requires joining the international association as well as the local chapter. Membership types range from professional, student, and academic. Detailed information on the types of membership can be found Here. No matter which membership type you choose, the same, incredible benefits apply. Working collectively, the North Texas Chapter and the ISACA® International Association provide an fundamental set of benefits and activities to professionals in the areas of IS audit, control, security, and quality assurance. We offer superior benefits that help provide you with a competitive advantage by keeping on top of current marketplace trends and topics. This information is translated into free Continuing Professional Education (CPE), discounts on products and events, access to a network of resources – both people and reference materials, such as the ISACA® e-Library. Below are some of the specific benefits:
Benefits of Membership
- ISACA eLibrary—A comprehensive collection of nearly all ISACA/ITGI published books and over 350 additional titles
- Free CPE—ISACA certified members can earn over 60 FREE CPEs per year.
- CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC certification—Member discounts for exam study aids, registration and maintenance
- Conferences and Training—Member discounts on more than 25 ISACA events annually
- Webcasts and e-Symposia—Members obtain up to 3 free CPE hours monthly!
- Local (Chapter-level) Education—Access to affordable CPE programs and information exchange through regular chapter meetings and events
- Bookstore —Member discounts on ISACA publications and research
- Career Centre Enhancements—Access more jobs, including those posted on other job boards, more robust tools for job seekers and, coming soon—a free job board for freelancers.
- Access My ISACA to update your profile and CPE hours.
Local Chapter Involvement
- Networking opportunities through regular Chapter meetings and technical sessions
- Access to affordable educational seminars and workshops for continuing professional development
- Access to timely chapter communications (newsletters, web site)
- Participation in local board and committee activities
- Local leadership and collaboration opportunities
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the local business community
Research and Knowledge
- ISACA Journal —The bimonthly technical journal, and an additional source of free CPE hours
- @ISACA—A biweekly newsletter, conveniently delivering ISACA and professional news electronically
- COBIT Online—Discounted subscription and complimentary baseline functionality
- COBIT Quickstart—Complimentary member download - $55 value
- Downloads—Members-only research discounts or preferred access to COBIT 4.1, Risk IT: Based on COBIT, Val IT and many other publications from ITGI
- Knowledge Center—Exclusive access to one convenient online location where members can access professional knowledge. Network, learn and exchange ideas globally with peers through communities, shared interest groups, discussions and document sharing. Get a holistic view into all ISACA resources.
- Standards—Easy access to ISACA's IS Auditing Standards, Guidelines and Procedures
- Audit Programs and Internal Control Questionnaires (ICQs)—Guidance tools for best practices
- Research Opportunities—Support the work of the IT Governance Institute in developing products for IT governance control, assurance and taburity professionals
Community and Leadership
Join ISACA Today!
Please visit here
to initiate the ISACA membership process – it's quick and easy! Feel free to contact any of the North Texas Chapter Board Members with questions you might have. We look forward to meeting you at the next Chapter meeting!