Purpose of the Chapter:
The primary purpose of the Chapter is to promote the education of individuals for the improvement and development of their capabilities relating to the auditing of and/or management consulting in the fields of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance.
Objectives of the Chapter:
• To promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of IT governance, auditing, quality assurance, security, and IS audit and control
• To encourage a free exchange of IT governance, IS audit and control, quality assurance, and security techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members
• To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IT governance, IS audit and control, quality assurance, and security fields that can be of benefit to them and their employers
• To communicate to management, auditors, universities, and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure the effective organization and utilization of IS and IT resources
• To promote the Association’s professional certifications and IT governance